There is a huge variety of flooring solutions on the market. So much so, that it can be overwhelming when you set out to find a new solution for your office space. According to a study undertaken by Savills, demand for office space in inner London is expected to continue to grow by nearly 6 million square feet of office space over the next five years. This doesn’t account for the growth in outer London or the rest of the country, so it quickly becomes obvious that the demand is not about to end any time soon.
With this demand comes a need for office designs that are flexible and adaptable to the needs of businesses, which in themselves can vary widely across sector type. Materials have changed significantly over the last decade, offering unprecedented choice and flexibility in design.
One aspect that should be considered carefully when designing or refurbishing office space is the type of flooring that is to be used. The use of access flooring has been increasing over the last few years and this is attributed to a number of factors, including:
- Short-term leases requiring frequent re-design of how a space is used and a need to maintain flexibility for different users
- Ease of access to cabling
- Installation of cooling and air distribution systems
- Secure storage, particularly in small spaces, for retail or data centre spaces
As businesses expand, grow, or move into and out of rented or serviced office spaces, there is an increasing demand for quick access and fast turnaround of any changes to make a space work for a particular business. At the same time, businesses do not want to trade ease of access with style, as their office spaces are often the ‘face’ of their company welcoming visitors and customers regularly. Finding a solution that allows for both is now a critical part of designing any office space.
A number of businesses have sprung up to meet this demand. In particular, they address the following:
- High design specification at affordable prices
- Flooring options including carpet and wood panels to offer a greater range of options to choose from
- Ease of replacement of small areas instead of having to replace large sections of flooring
- A desire to ‘play’ with configurations allowing different designs to be applied to various sections
- Ease of access for maintenance without resulting in widespread upheaval or damage to flooring panels
When you are looking for a solution that can meet such a tough set of criteria, the last thing you want to do is add to your workload and have to deal with a number of providers – e.g. the access flooring specialist and the panel and flooring finish manufacturers – and manage the design and installation. There are an increasing number of companies that can do it all for you and it pays to find one at the outset who can manage it all, regardless of the scale of your space.
How we can help
At Fieldmans Access Flooring we have a unique partnership with Attiro flooring solutions to give you the flexibility and range of designs that you are looking for. Get in touch with us today on 020 8462 7100 to discuss how we can help you get the most from your flooring and for a free, no-obligation site survey.